Saturday 18 January 2014

Vintage Bird


I was in the vintage/retro Irish shop Avoca in Belfast city centre yesterday and picked up a sheet of some vintage wrapping paper with a bird theme - it has a beautiful linen texture and I couldn't wait to get it home and try it out for some cards.  
Here's my first try, though if I cut the paper strategically, I should be able to make quite a few creations with it.  I stitched the the paper on to a panel before adding some lace, buttons, a flower and some pins.  
The sentiment is from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Precious Poppies, it's stamped on an oval cut using Spellbinders Ovals Petite, and sponged with Ranger Distress Antique Linen ink.  
Mother's Day here in the U.K. and Ireland is in March rather than in May as it is in North America, so I'm not working as far ahead as you might think!
Thanks for stopping by today, have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Tenia Nelson said...

So so GORGEOUS!!!

Petti said...

This is very pretty!

JD/ Jill said...

Your use of wrapping paper makes a lovely card! Great colors.