Wednesday 23 October 2013

Dahlia Blessings


A card made for the Featured Stamper Challenge at Splitcoaststampers this past week honouring Marie-alice, aka ladybug91743 - HERE is the lovely card which inspired me from her gallery.
I used a stencil with SU's Cool Caribbean to create the background.  The flower image and sentiment are from Flourishes Dahlias - during the past few years dahlia's have become my favourite flower and I've found this set very appealing, the images being so much fun to colour. 
 I finished off by adding some turquoise sequins which I removed from a top in my wardrobe - 
I'm just not a sequin type of person when it comes to clothing, but it's a different story when it comes to cards!
Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day!

3 comments:

Hannelie said...

I am always excited to see a post from you in my reader. This is one perfect design. Look at those vibrant colors! expertly colored!

Unknown said...

Love that stencil Bridget!

Katie Sims said...

Love your stenciled background for that beautifully colored Dahlia (one of my favorite stamps!). An incredible card, Bridget! :)