Friday 26 July 2013

SNSS Christmas in July

Hello and welcome to Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps Christmas in July Die Release and Blog Hop!
We're highlighting two new die sets that coordinate with two popular sets released last year - Poinsettias and Vintage Ornaments!

I hope you can join us to see what the design team have come up and get some inspiration for your holiday card making!

 For my first card I used a favorite colour combo of pink and green using 
Stampin Up dp and cardstock (Lucky Limeade).  
I stitched the dp onto die-cuts using the 
recently released beautiful SNSS Doily border dies.
I sponged the die-cut ornament with Melon Mambo ink lightly 
before stamping in the same colour.

I wish the photo showed the tiny gold flecks in this card stock - but even if you could see how pretty it is in real life, I couldn't point you in the direction of where to pick some up
as I have no idea where it came from!  How does that happen? :)
I sponged the ornament die-cut with Melon Mambo ink before embossing with gold ink.  I covered the entire Doily Border die-cut with gold embossing ink and then embossed with gold powder for thick rich gold effect.  I did the same thing with the little punched snow flakes - not easy to do without burning my fingers - I had to dig out some tweezers!

Here are the Vintage Ornaments stamps and dies plus the details you might be interested in:


Die set includes four dies.
It's designed by Korin Sutherland.
It's priced $16.75.
It coordinates with the Vintage Ornament stamp set below:


Poinsettias



 I'm very into making backgrounds with stencils right now and simply sponged over one with Ranger Distress Mowed Lawn ink before popping up the poinsettia which was coloured with copics - the die makes it so easy!
I used a sentiment from the SNSS set Christmas Light .

Here are the stamps and dies with all the details:


Die set includes one die.
It's designed by Korin Sutherland.
It's priced at $10.50.
It coordinates with the Poinsettia set.



Be sure to check out what the other designers have come up with and leave a comment at each stop - Korin is giving away each new die set - two winners, one set each!
The deadline for commenting is midnight EST on Wednesday, July 31st.  The winners will be announced on the homepage website on Tuesday, August 6th.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

36 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards! Love the bright colors!

Alma Dirpaul said...

What beautiful cards you make!! Wow!

merrymstamper said...

You have a way with colours!!! Swoooon. I love your cards and the colours are fantabulous!

~ Jo ~ said...

Your cards are so beautiful! I love the color combinations and your use of twine on that last one. Have a great weekend!!

Hugs,
Jo
♥ Jo's Scrap Shack ♥

Gregsgirl's crafty corner said...

so very pretty I just love your lime green and hot pink bauble card

Hannelie said...

Wow Bridget, I am just absolutely in awe with every card you made.
Perfect attention to detail. but still so CAS!

Pam Tiedtke, or Pammie Lou said...

Both cards are fab! I particularly love the poinsettia card. The use of the stencil is perfect! Great layout!!

Kathleen said...

Love your cards

Stampin_melissa said...

Lovely cards, love how you added the stenciled b/g on your second cards!

Colleen said...

The pink and gold card is stunning

Anonymous said...

That pink sure is bright! I do love that poinsettia card - and the sentiment is beautiful as well. Love how you did the bg lattice. Very nice!

Maria said...

beautiful work, love the colors

Scrappin' Diva said...

Wow! Great cards! Love the pop of colors on all your cards!

luv2stmp said...

I am partial to the second card just because I am a sucker for gold on Christmas cards, but I love the use of the stencil on the poinsettia card.

JD/ Jill said...

All your cards are so pretty!

guilinger2 said...

I love the pink ornaments, very retro!

Judys said...

Gold and bling! Beautiful.

cairn1 said...


Great color choices, and loved the designs!

Pati said...

Wow! Very pretty cards! Love your bright color combos, very cool gold embossed doily border and lovely stencil background for the poinsettia! Wow, you embossed the snowflakes! They remind me of my white snowflake brads, that's what I thought they were, but gold. :)

Teena said...

The pink and green is WONDERFUL!!!!!!!

craftymom205 said...

Love the cards.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

Ceal said...

Beautiful cards I am into the stencils too :)

Pat said...

Love the gold you have used!

Sue D said...

Wonderful cards with these new dies!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Gorgeous cards Bridget. Love the sponging on the ornaments along with the embossing. The background for your pretty poinsettia is fabulous!

McStamper said...

Fantastic cards. Love the bright colors you have used.

Janis said...

I never think to use pink when I am making Christmas cards, but I alw love it when others do. Your ornament cards are just beautiful. Love how they are sort inverses of ea other....sort of same colors, but one mostly pink with some gold and the other mostly gold with some pink. Gorgeous!!
<3 J

Heather said...

These are all so gorgeous!! Love the pink and green color scheme on the first, the gold embossing on the second and that cool background on the third.

Stamping with grace said...

wow! wow!! wow!!! I just love your colour combination.

Loly Borda said...

Your three cards are fabulous! I couldn't pick one as I love them all. Love the background on the third, the elegance of the second and the colors on the first. TFS

Laraine R said...

Beautiful cards! Love the colors you used!

Cheryl S. said...

Gorgeous cards. I love your choice of colors!!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous cards. The first card I love the color combination. It's beautiful. The second card I also love the color combination and the pearls. I really love this card. The third card I like the background with the stencil done to it. That is awesome.

Katie said...

Love these cards!! Love the pink and green. And the stencil behind the poinsettia is very cool. Great work!! :) Thanks for sharing.

Katie B.

Robyn Lynn said...

Lovely cards Bridget ! I want the stencil used on the Poinsettia background. It is the same one used for your 26 MAY 13 Serene Bird card. I contacted the company & she said they no longer make it. Any suggestions for a similar one? Hugs from the USA :)

Bridget said...

Robyn Lynn, thanks for your kind comments. Yes, it's the same stencil and I'm sorry it's unavailable now! Guess I should be glad I picked it up! I can only suggest looking at The Crafters Workshop website, as I believe they have the biggest selection of stencils at the moment:
http://www.thecraftersworkshop.com/The_Crafters_Workshop/New_Products.html
The stencil which closest resembles the one I used seems to be this one:
Window Screen TCW334
However, there is a huge selection, so there may be one you like even better! Good luck!