Tuesday 22 November 2011

Cheery Lynn Wreath

This is a card I made for several Verve challenges on Splitcoaststampers using Cheery Lynn Designs Fanciful Flourish die.  Sandy from Cheery Lynn Designs blog asked if they could use it this week for their "Red and Green" challenge!
I cut up parts of the flourish using various sized leaves and swirly bits and attached them to a circle base which I'd cut using two Nestie circles, one slightly larger than the other.  I used my hot glue gun to adhere them so that I could arrange them with some dimension.  This didn't take as long as it might look, and you could make the wreath thinner or thicker depending on your preference!
This is my favorite flourish die and I love coming up with different ways to use it!
Supplies include:
Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish die
Verve Kind Words
Spellbinders Nestabilities Circles Large, Small
SU Basic Black cardstock
SU dp
My Minds Eye dp
Ranger Distress Frayed Burlap ink
Memento Tuxedo Black ink
Butchers twine
gems
copic pen
dewdrops

7 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Well look at you joining in the CLD challenge! You go girl -- love this wreath!!

ps- glad you found my blog :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

oops - congrats on getting ASKED to enter your card! :) Big difference there huh? {blushing}

ever thought about the email gadget? I would sign up in a heart beat!

Holly M said...

What a fantastic way to use this die, Bridget! Love your creativity with the beautiful wreath and the great layout.

Sheree said...

Wow! What a gorgeous card Bridget! Love that double bow from bakers twine!
Thanks for your lovely comments on my cards over at Splitcoast!
Hugs,
Sheree

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty Bridget. Love how you sed the die-cuts. That wreath is lovely. Also lvoe the blings and twine! :o)

Wanda Cullen said...

You are just soooo creative!! This is gorgeous and such a clever wreath using that die!

Carolina Girl (Cely) said...

Just so beautiful. I too love that particular die. Thank you so much for the inspiration.