Wednesday 13 April 2011

I'm thinking of you...

This was created using the SCS color challenge colors on Tuesday - someone I know, but not terribly well, has been diagnosed with an auto immune disease and they've been on my mind.  I try to keep the right postage stamps on hand to make it as easy as possible to send cards like this - it's far too easy for me to think about people and then at the end of the week realize I never got that card off to them! 
Someone sent me a personal message on SCS asking how I got the sponging so close to the image - I masked the roses with post-it-notes but because the stem and leaf color is yellowy green it didn't matter if a little ink got on those areas - when I finished sponging with Ranger Distress Scattered Straw (while still in the Spellbinders Nestabilities Oval die so you get that nice white edge) there were some tiny white areas at the edge of a rose or two due to imperfect masking.  I used Copic Y21 to just touch up those tiny areas as it's a really close match to Scattered Straw, which is a close match to SU's So Saffron!!

1 comment:

Judy Inukai said...

Bridget, your rose is absolutely stunning. Getting the mask cut so precisely must have been a challenge, even with the background color and the stem being close in color. Thanks for the tip about Y21 being close to Scattered Straw. When I do a background color, I've been using my marker (since I don't have an airbruth) which takes a lot of ink. I'll have to check out the other distress colors for compatability with Copics.