Friday 25 March 2011

Enduring Love



I created this card for three challenges over at Splitcoaststampers.  Today's Free for All challenge is to make a card inspired by sunshine.  This is also my March entry for the Bible Verse Challenge.  The Queen for the Day 53 is Karen Dunbrook (kdunbrook)  - besides being a lovely person, Karen's an absolute master at creating CAS cards so I'm continually inspired by her creations. 
 I stamped the circle with a Hero Arts Friends Definitions background stamp in orange Colorbox ink.  The SU Inspired by Nature cone flower image was stamped in Versafine Black Onyx - it's a good strong black that I find works well for silhouettes.  I used a Fiskars circle cutter for the circles as my Spellbinders Nestabilities weren't large enough for the desired effect.  I used a ruler and a black fine line marker to make a border.  The Bible verse was computer generated using Pharmacy font. 
This verse is from a Psalm which has been meaningful to me lately - Psalm 136 lists the signifigant events of the nation of Israel down through the years with the phrase "His love endures forever" after every one!  If Bible scholars are correct in saying that repetition is signfigant in interpreting the Bible, then this is HUGE, as the phrase is repeated a whopping 26 times!!  I thought how fabulous it would be if we were to write out our stories of how God has taken care of us and worked in our lives down through the years and in between each event we were to write that phrase, "His love endures forever"!!  What a reminder that not only has He done it in the past, He promises He'll keep doing it forever!

No comments: